I love my little teacup yorkie, but she can really make a mess around the house.
If you’re a pet owner, then you know that messes are sometimes impossible to prevent. There is always that small fear in the back of your mind that someone will come over to your house and think that it smells bad because of your pets.
If you want to put your mind at ease, then you need to be prepared for any and every mess possible. Check out these 13 tips to keep your home looking and smelling good when you have pets.
1. How To Clean Pet Urine Stains Out of the Carpet
If the area is still wet, use the paper towels to soak up the stain. Mix an equal amount of vinegar and water together in a bowl and pour the mixture onto the stain. Scrub the mixture deep down into the carpet using a scrub brush. Use more paper towels to blot the stain. Once the stain area is just about dry, cover the stain with a generous amount of baking soda and let it dry. Once the stain area is completely dry, vacuum up the baking soda.
2. How To Clean Poop Stains Out Of Your Carpet
While wearing disposable glove on your hands, remove any excess feces from the carpet. Try using a scooper if you have one. Place the waste in a plastic bag and take the bag outside to the dumpster. Pour equal amounts of dishwashing liquid, vinegar, and water together into a bowl. Dip a paper towel into the mixture and carefully blot the area. Keeping adding more of the mixture to the stain and continue blotting until the stain is gone. Pour baking soda over the stain area and let it sit for an hour to get rid of the smell. Finally, run your vacuum over the area to clean up the baking soda.
3. How To Clean Pet Urine Stains Out of A Microfiber Couch
Start off by taking the stained cushion off of the couch. If the stain is fresh, blot it with paper towels. Pour a cup of vinegar and a cup of water into the spray bottle. Spray the stain with a generous amount of the solution and use a clean cloth to scrub the area. Once you have finished scrubbing, blot the area with paper towels and let the area dry up. Cover the area with baking soda and let it soak into the couch for a few hours before using a handheld vacuum to clean it up.
Use Any of These Methods To Pick Up Pet Fur Anywhere In Your Home
4. Place a damp rubber glove on your hand and run it over the area to pick up the hair.
5. Roll a sticky lint roller over the area that you’re trying to clean.
6. Brush your furniture with this fur remover brush to get rid of any pet hair.
7. The bristles on this fur remover broom will easily pull up pet hair from carpet, hardwood, and tile.
Use These Steps To Prevent Your Cat’s Litter Box From Making The House Smell Bad
8. Scoop the litter box out at least twice a day.
9. Replace the litter and wash the box at least three times a week.
10. Try a different type of cat litter that specializes in masking odors.
11. Replace the actual litter box at least once a year.
12. Switch to an automatic litter box that will automatically clean itself and replace the litter.
13. Wash your pet’s bedding at least once a month in the washing machine.
First, take off the removable cover and place it in the washing machine. Place a cup of Nature’s Miracle Laundry Boost and a half cup of vinegar into the washing machine. Start a regular wash cycle on the coldest setting to prevent shrinking. Once the cycle has completed, take the cover out of the washing machine and let it air dry.
When you have pets in your home, you definitely have to put a ton of effort into keeping your house clean. I hope that the steps listed above help you because they have helped me out a lot! Tell me how you keep your house clean with live-in pets in the comment section below!