This post contains affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer *here.*
One of the main reasons why I started this blog was to find and share new and easy ways to make life easier.
I have set a few goals that I would like to accomplish this year, and one of them is to find reasonable and easy ways to make extra money (Which I have successfully done by starting my blog! I have already earned almost $400 in extra income from blogging, and I will show you how to * create a blog for only $2.95 a month here!*).
Let’s face it – we all want to make a little bit of extra money. The extra money that you make can you help out tremendously in many ways such as:
- Paying off credit card debt
- Paying off student loans
- Paying off your car note
- Saving for a new home or car
- Give you freedom from living paycheck to paycheck
- Go on your dream vacation
- Invest in stocks
No matter what you plan on doing with your extra cash, the money that you make in your free time can take a huge financial burden off of your shoulders.
Finding the time to make extra money when your schedule is already packed is not as hard you think. There are plenty of tasks that you can complete that won’t require much of your time, and some of them you won’t even have to leave home to get done.
You can make extra money year-round, but the summer months bring many different opportunities to make extra money that are only present during this time of year. Since summer is approaching, I felt like this would be the perfect time to create a list of ways you can make during the summer. Use this list to plan out your summer and start making money!
Related Posts on Making Extra Money
- 9 Steps To Start A Money Making Blog Today
- 7 Ridiculously Easy Ways To Save and Make Money
- 8 Beyond Easy Ways To Make Money From Home
Don’t experience a money drought this summer! Here are 37 ways you can make extra money during the summer:
- Start a blog – Starting a blog is one of the best things I’ve done in awhile. Never in a million years, did I think that I would be able to share all of my favorite ideas on my own platform! On top of that, my blog made me $371 in March. If you want to learn how to start a money making blog for *$2.95 a month* then you really need to *click here.*
- Become a lifeguard – Learn how to become a lifeguard by completing a lifeguard training class and becoming certified. Some lifeguards can make up to $9 an hour.
- Be a babysitter – I still babysit from time to time, and it’s by far one of the easiest ways to make extra money.
- Housesit – A lot of families will be going on vacation this summer, and having someone to watch over their home while they are gone will put their mind at ease. Offer to housesit while the owners are away for extra cash.
- Mow lawns – Homeowners will be more than happy to pay you to mow their lawns. I would recommend charging around $20 a yard.
- Pet Sit– Kennels are expensive, and most people aren’t comfortable with leaving their pets in one. Pet sitting is the perfect side hustle for people who enjoy taking care of animals.
- Clean pools – Summer is on the way, and cleaning the pool is the last thing that homeowners want to deal with. If you invest in the proper cleaning equipment, then you can make a good amount of extra money and build a large clientele.
- Wash cars – This is a simple and classic way to make extra money. Go around the neighborhood, and ask to wash cars for extra money.
- Sell Ebooks – Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing has made the process of publishing a book so simple and easy. Write a few books and publish them on Amazon for extra money.
- Join Fiverr– From writing blog articles and essays to recording voice overs, the possibilities to make money on Fiverr are practically impossible.
- Sell ice cream – I haven’t seen an ice cream truck in years, but you can bring it back by driving an ice cream truck around the neighborhood!
- Test websites – UserTesting.com will pay you $10 for every website that you test. All you have to do to get started is sign up and download the required testing software.
- Take surveys – Completing surveys are a great way to spend your free time and make some extra cash. Get started by checking out Swagbucks.
- Drive for Uber or Lyft – If you have a car, a valid driver’s license, and some free time, then you should consider driving for Uber or Lyft. When the weather is beautiful, people stay on the move, and you can make a good amount of money by driving them around.
- Clean homes – In my opinion, cleaning my home is relaxing, but a lot of people dread having cleaning to up. If you don’t have a problem with cleaning, then you should definitely start offering your cleaning services.
- Become a mystery shopper – Mystery shopping is a great way to make extra money. Do your research and look out for scams before signing up for any mystery shopping jobs.
- Sell your textbooks – Don’t let your old college textbooks collect dust sitting in the closet. Sell them online and make some extra money.
- Create websites – Create a niche website, build it up with tons of traffic and subscribers, and then sell the website on Flippa. This process might take awhile, but it’s a great side hustle that can make you a nice chunk of cash.
- Repair Broken Smartphone Screens – There’s nothing worse than cracking the screen of your smartphone. Make extra money by fixing and replacing broken smartphone screens if you know how to.
- Make and sell handmade crafts – Set up a shop on Etsy and sell handmade jewelry, t-shirts, artwork and more handmade crafts.
- Become a photographer – Being a photographer is a great side hustle that you can turn into a career. Offer
- Sell your photos – You can sell the photos that you take on your smartphone as stock photos for extra cash on apps like Foap. Read more about that here.
- Tutor – Just because school is not in session during the summer doesn’t mean that kids have to stop learning. Tutor students on a subject that you succeeded at for extra money.
- Start a YouTube channel – Starting a YouTube channel is an awesome to make passive income online. Start posting videos on YouTube and sign up for Adsense to make money.
- Sell your old clothes – Clean out your closet and sell all of your old clothes on Ebay.
- Become a Party DJ – Keep the party rocking all night long by becoming a party DJ for extra money.
- Find a part time job – Find a job that will let you work only on the weekends or just a few days out of the week.
- Run errands for other – Turn yourself into a personal assistant, and get paid to complete tasks and run errands for other people.
- Sell baked goods – I love homemade baked goods, but I’m not good at baking (or cooking). If you are an excellent baker, people will be more than willing to pay for your baked goods.
- Sell food plates – Just like the tip above, if you are passionate about cooking, prepare food plates (one main entree with two sides is a good amount of food) and sell them.
- Enter giveaways – Test your luck by entering giveaways.
- Become a personal trainer – Everybody wants to have the perfect summer body, and you can help them achieve it by becoming a personal trainer. Use your physical fitness tips and tricks to earn extra cash and help others get in shape.
- Have a yard sale – The summer is the perfect time to have a yard sale! Stick a price tag on all of the things that you don’t want anymore and set up a yard sale.
- Sell ice cold water – It’s essential to drink a plentiful amount of water during the summer to avoid dehydration. Sell bottles of cold water around your city for extra cash.
- Teach people how to surf – Do you know how to surf? If so, offer surfing lessons for an hourly fee.
- Rent out beach equipment – Rent out beach umbrellas and coolers to beachgoers who have forgotten to bring their own beach supplies.
- Be a handyman – Help people repair things around their home for a small fee.
Anything is possible when it come to finding ways to make extra money. A little bit of time and effort could lead you to a new source of income that you never thought you would have.
What are some ways that you make extra money, and how do you manage your family and work life while looking for a side hustle?