Believe it or not, traveling is a luxury. Many people will never get the chance to travel due to all of the expenses that come with traveling. If you feel like traveling is too expensive for you, don’t worry. I have gathered 8 great tips from various posts that will teach you how to travel on a budget!
All of the tips that I have listed below are linked to their original article. Take your time and read through each post, and bookmark this page if you want to come back to it. Enjoy!
How to Travel Without Money: 39 Smart Hacks
Image via Geeky Explorer
- When you are searching online for airplane tickets, delete the cookies and browsing history and enable the private mode option in your browser.
- Be flexible with Your Flight Dates – Flying on odd days and hours might seem inconvenient, but it will help you score a lower price on your tickets.
Read more amazing traveling hacks from the Geeky Explorer here!
5 Travel Hacks on Avoiding Airline Fees
Image via Chasing Foxes
- Pack smart with your carry on – If you are traveling on a budget, then you need to take all of the necessary precautions to avoid accumulating any unnecessary fees. If you want to avoid overweight baggage fees, then you have to find a strategic way to get everything to fit into your carry on.
For more awesome tips on avoiding airline fees, visit Chasing Foxes here.
Top Tips for Finding Cheap Flights
Image via The Blonde Abroad
- When searching for tickets online, use a fake location. – Airlines alter the price of tickets based on where you are located. Change your location on the website and see if you can score some tickets at a lower price.
For more awesome tips on finding cheap flights, visit The Blonde Abroad here.
Travel On a Budget
Image via Unsplash
- Book fixed-cost trips – Resort packages and cruises are great examples of fixed-cost trips. These trips are probably the easiest trips to plan, in my opinion.
Read more tips from Real Simple here.
We Only Spent $376 on a 5-Day Vacation — Including Airfare and Hotels. Here’s How
Image via The Penny Hoarder
- Find cheaper airport parking- Search online for cheaper airport parking. Thoroughly search your options and make sure they are legit.
- Avoid additional fees and costs – The Penny Hoarder found out that it costs $2 for water or soda on the plane, so they brought empty bottles through security and filled them up at a drinking fountain before boarding their flight.
- Choose inexpensive activities – I’m sure that wherever you go there will be tons of free activities for you to participate in. Save your money for the pricey adventures.
For more amazing and helpful tips, visit The Penny Hoarder here.
Don’t let another year go by without making any plans to travel. There are many ways you can travel on a budget without sacrificing your comfort, health, or budget. If you have any questions or tips that you would like to share, leave a comment down below or contact me!